The Pilonidal Sinus Journal (PSJ) was launched together with Australian Pilonidal Sinus Society (APSS) in 2015. After the inaugural meeting in Berlin in 2017, APSS became the International Pilonidal Society.
Aims and scope
The Pilonidal Sinus Journal (PSJ) is an open access journal without Article Processing Charges (APC). It publishes original papers on the main topic of Pilonidal Sinus. Through the strict peer review process, authors receive a high degree of security for their work. Submit your manuscripts to PSJ. For more information about the journal, please read on.
Dr. A. Peter Wysocki (Editor in Chief)
Dr. Dr. Dietrich Doll (Editor)
Dr. Sven Petersen (Editor)
Publisher: Dr. A. Peter Wysocki.
Peer Review Process
Our peer review process can be divided into 8 steps
- Submission of Paper: The author submits the work to PSJ. This is usually done on line.
- Evaluation by the editorial office and the chief editor: The editors of the journal review that the paper is appropriate for the journal and is sufficiently original and interesting. If not, the paper may be rejected without being reviewed any further.
- Invitation to a reviewer: The editor in chief sends invitations to 2 surgeon reviewers.
- Response to Invitations: Potential reviewers will review the invitation in light of their own expertise, conflicts of interest and availability. They then accept or decline the invitation.
- Review is conducted: The reviewer takes the time to read the paper several times. The first reading serves to get a first impression of the work. If major problems are found at this stage, the reviewer can reject the paper without further work. Otherwise, he reads the paper a few more times and takes notes to create a detailed point-by-point overview. The review is then submitted to the journal on line with a recommendation to accept or reject it - or with a request for revision before it is reviewed again.
- The editor in chief evaluates the reviews: The editor in chief considers the returned reviews before making an overall decision.
- The Decision is communicated by email: The editor in chief sends a decision email to the author including any relevant reviewer comments.
- Approval: If the paper is accepted, it will be sent for publication. If the article is rejected or returned for major or minor revision, the reviewer's constructive comments are provided by the editor in chief to help the author improve the article.
At that time, the reviewer will also be sent an email informing them of the result of their review. When the paper has been returned for review, the reviewers will receive a new version unless they have decided not to participate further. However, if only minor changes have been requested, this follow-up review can be done by the editor in chief.
Policies on Conflict of Interest, Human and Animal rights, and Informed Consent
Peter Wysocki, Dietrich Doll and Sven Petersen declare that they have no conflict of interest.
All procedures followed were in accordance with the ethical standards of the responsible committee on human experimentation (institutional and national) and with the Helsinki Declaration of 1975, as revised in 2000.
Additional informed consent will be required from all patients for which identifying information is included in this article.
All institutional and national guidelines for the care and use of laboratory animals need to be confirmed as having been followed
Data sharing policy
The Pilonidal Sinus Journal supports and encourages data sharing. We encourage authors to share their research data and when relevant, authors are encouraged to deposit data in a suitable public repository.
The authors are encouraged to include a data accessibility statement within their article.
Authors are encouraged to follow data citation principles.
For further questions the editor in chief is your contact.
The Authors are required to include a data accessibility statement in their manuscript file, indicating if data is present or absent. They are expected to follow data citation principles.
Data accessibility statement
The data that support the findings of this study are available in https://www.pilonidal.com.au/ojs/ojs-3.1.0-1/index.php/PSJ/index.
We comply with the data citation principles (https://www.force11.org/datacitationprinciples).
Pilonidal Sinus Journal Verification Policy
The corresponding author of a manuscript that is accepted for publication in the Pilonidal Sinus Journal must provide materials that are sufficient to enable interested researchers to verify all of the analytic results that are reported in the text and supporting materials.